Administrator of Academics
Administrator of Business Services
Cathlyn Wright Administrator of Special Education
Administrator of Special Education, Language Arts and Curriculum
Phone: 707.445.2660 ext 13
- BA -Humboldt State University (Arts and Humanities)
MA - HSU (Education -emphasis in reading remediation)
Multiple Subject Credential (Clear - Life - K-12)
Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
Redwood Writing Project Teaching Fellow
Language Arts Coordinator
BTSA Support Provider for New Teachers
NCLB - Highly Qualified -all subjects
Wright has worked for the Mattole Unified School District for 30 years.
She has taught all combinations of multi-graded classrooms for K-8,
High School English and Art, and Special Education. At Mattole Valley
Charter School Cathy has worked as an Academic Counselor and Learning
Record Advisor; she also publishes the High School Handbook and MVCS
School Newsletter. The last two years Cathy enjoyed teaching small
classes of High School Art and English. One of Cathy’s most
important roles is as the Language Arts Coordinator, responsible for
helping to find the right curriculum and interventions for struggling
students who are below proficient.
joined the Administrative Team for Mattole Valley Charter School and
will be involved in helping the Resource Specialists with the Special
Education Program, as well as help with evaluations and NCLB highly
qualified teacher compliance.
For fun, Cathy reads novels, swims, and competes in dog
sports with her Parson Russell Terriers. Cathy enjoys working at MVCS
because the rewards of working with students are great, especially when
you see the puzzle pieces fall into place and you know you’ve helped
start them on a journey of life-long learning.
Cathy is available to:
- Help Educational Specialists Write and Implement Academic Improvement Plans for Language Arts
- Provide guidance and integration for the Special Education program at MVCS
- Teach small group courses in Art, English, Journalism, and Problem Solving, Home Groups for Special Projects
- Develop and Write Curriculum Guides for English/Language Arts grades 6-12
- Provide Reading Diagnostics and Creative Language Arts Curriculum Choices
- Share ideas for Thematic Integrated Units and Simulations for Multiple Grades.
- Loan out reading intervention material for students who are below proficient.
To register for Personalized Learning for your child call:
Mattole Valley Charter School will work with you to ensure academic success for your child.
Fall 2011 Blackboard Course
- Middle School Language Arts
- English 9/10
- English 11/12
- American Governement
- US History
- World History
- Algebra 1A
- Algebra 1B
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- CA HS Exit Exam Prep Math
- Physical Education
- Technology Today
All Blackboard courses are taught in real-time by real teachers credentialed
in the subject area that they are teaching!
Register for Blackboard courses with your IST
I CAN Learn Math: